Genetic Disease Testing: Heart Disease
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.. It is a very life-threatening disease that requires a lot of treatment and care. Many people do not know that heart disease is an umbrella term for several different types of heart conditions. The most common types of heart conditions include:
- Coronary Artery Disease: If you have Coronary Artery Disease, this means that you have a buildup of plaque. Due to this build up, your coronary arteries narrow, causing low blood flow to the heart. You can also experience chest pain and heart attacks due to Coronary Artery Disease.
- Heart Attack: Defined as a medical emergency, a heart attack occurs when a blood clot blocks the flow of blood to the heart. Due to the lack of blood, your heart loses oxygen and the muscle dies.
- Heart Failure: Heart failure is a chronic condition. If you have heart failure, you will experience a lack of blood pumping from the heart to the rest of the body.
- Unstable Angina: A condition where your heart does not get enough blood flow or oxygen. If left untreated, it can lead to heart attacks, heart failure, or arrhythmias.
- Arrhythmia: This condition occurs when your heart beats irregularly or abnormally.
How Do I Know If I am at Risk for Heart Disease?
There are many risks factors for heart disease. However, one of the more prominent risks is simply that it is a hereditary illness. If you don’t know if your genes contain heart disease, we recommend you partake in genetic disease testing.
Genetic disease testing, simply put, is an analysis of your genes. It looks at the DNA you have from both your mother and father to determine if you have health risks such as heart disease. At Dynamic DNA Labs, we offerer genetic disease testing that is accurate and will provide you with the answers you have been searching for. If you don’t understand the results of our genetics disease testing, we have a physician on staff that can help you understand your results.
Contact Dynamic DNA Labs for Genetic Disease Testing
If you’re interested in genetic disease testing and want to discover if you’re at risk for heart disease, contact Dynamic DNA Labs today. Our state-of-the-art facility has knowledgeable staff members, pharmacogenomics consultants, and physicians that are here to help you along the way. Give us a call, shoot us an email, or stop by our lab in Springfield, MO! We look forward to all your questions about genetic disease testing.